There are many ways you could look at this question. There are also many different answers. My answer is based on one event that I went to.
I was at a Halloween fair and I had 3 tickets. I had to choose what I wanted to do with these tickets. As I walked around to all the booths I was looking for two things. One, that if won the game I would get candy, and two, that it was fun. I saw a booth that gave out more candy that the rest of the booths, so I used one of my tickets for that. I used this ticket because my conscience told me I would be rich with candy if I did. My conscience motivated me because the candy motivated it. So, technically the candy had hold on my conscience.
I will say though, our conscience has way more power than money, fame, fortune, or candy, but most of the time we do not let it. We usually should listen to our conscience, but in my story I did not.
With the other two tickets I had I wanted to rock climb. The problem was, my wrist was broken. I should have listened to my conscience, and my mom, when they said not to rock climb with a broken arm, but I did not. As a result, my arm hurt really bad and I to be slowly let down by the safety rope I was on. Because I was so concentrated on my arm hurting, I accidentally kicked a guy in the face that was trying to help me down.
I would have to say that our conscience is only stronger than other things when we listen to it. So depending on if you choose to listen depends on which thing is stronger.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment